disclaimer:

I really only started this blog only for myself, family members & close friends so that we may have one spot to look for great recipes. I have borrowed recipes from blogs, Yahoo groups, magazines - all of foods that look great & that I hope to at one point have made/tried. If I can remember exactly which blog I found the recipe, I cite that at the bottom of each post & if I do not list it & you know where it came from, please let me know as I want to give credit to those who created the recipe.

Thanks & please enjoy this collaboration of recipes from awesome cooks!

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Almond Orange Marmalde Muffins









Ingredients:

1/2 cup ground almonds (I used my Cuisinart Mini-Prep Processor to grind the almonds)
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1/2 cup sorghum flour
1/2 cup rice flour
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup gf orange marmalade
4 Tablespoons of butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon almond extract

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°. Line muffin tin with paper liners. In a medium bowl, combine the flours, ground almonds, baking powder, xanthan gum, salt, and sugar. In a separate bowl, combine 2 beaten eggs, milk, almond extract, marmalade, and melted butter. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Spoon into muffin tin about 2/3 full. Bake for 15-18 minutes.

ICING

Ingredients:

1 cup powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon butter, melted
3 Tablespoons of marmalade
water to desired consistency

Warning: The icing is very sticky!!

Directions:

Mix the top three ingredients until moistened and add water until you have the desired consistency. Frost muffins when cool if desired.

Makes 12-18 muffins.

Recipe from: "glutenfreemommy" blog - 09/5/07