disclaimer:

I really only started this blog only for myself, family members & close friends so that we may have one spot to look for great recipes. I have borrowed recipes from blogs, Yahoo groups, magazines - all of foods that look great & that I hope to at one point have made/tried. If I can remember exactly which blog I found the recipe, I cite that at the bottom of each post & if I do not list it & you know where it came from, please let me know as I want to give credit to those who created the recipe.

Thanks & please enjoy this collaboration of recipes from awesome cooks!

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Roasted Ricotta Roma Tomatoes









Ingredients:


8 whole Roma Tomatoes, Halved
1 bunch Fresh Italian Parsley
1 bunch Fresh Basil
2 cloves To 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
1-½ C Ricotta Cheese
Ritz Crackers Or Bread Crumbs
Kosher Salt To Taste
Olive Oil

Directions:

Start out by washing and halving your Roma tomatoes. After halving them, gut out the insides (seeds, etc.) with a spoon. Sprinkle a bit of kosher salt inside each tomato. Discard guts and lay the halved, gutted tomatoes face down on a clean towel.

Chop up your herbs and garlic and mix with the Ricotta cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Next, fill each tomato half with a nice heap of the Ricotta mixture.

In a food processor (or if you don’t have a food processor, you can mash in a plastic baggy with a rolling pin) crumble about 15-20 Ritz crackers. Or you can use dried bread crumbs from your favorite kind of bread if you want.

Press each ricotta filled tomato half face down into the crackers/crumbs and then place face up on a baking sheet. Drizzle each tomato with a bit of olive oil.

Place in 400º oven for 25-30 minutes.

Recipe from: Pioneer Woman Cooks blog - 7/31/08